Friday, June 6, 2008

photo 98

We went to visit my grandparents today. Today is my Papaw's birthday. The kids played, my grandma listened to Chloe sing for two hours, and Papaw and I talked politics (one of his favorite things to do).
-
Each time I go to their house, I pass this old, dilapidated farm house. It sits out in the middle of a wheat field, and there are three ancient oaks that shade the front porch. The driveway is usually blocked by a heavy chain. Today, the chain was lying in the gravel.
-
I pulled in and shot from all around the house. The windows were broken out, the doors were open.
-
Something about old farmsteads draws me in.
-
This is a favorite from today...the door leading to the upstairs. There were two steps up, then the door. It was flung open and resting against the first floor wall.

1 comment:

Renee Camacho said...

this place calls for a photo shoot