Thursday, April 17, 2008

photo 48



This has to be my favorite thing in our house...our magnet collection.

It began when Mark and I were dating. He had to go out of town for business, and when he came home, he told me that he had hid a present somewhere in my apartment. I searched high and low for three days, all the while, pleading for him to tell me where he had hidden my surprise. At the end of the third day, I was doing the dishes. I turned around, and spotted it...a tiny chili pepper magnet (you can see it near the bottom next to the clipper ship).

It's become our tradition to pick up a magnet at each place that we visit.




I don't like things on my fridge, but I did want to display our magnets. So, I bought a huge frame on clearance at Hobby Lobby. Then, I went to a sheet metal shop and had a piece cut to fit the frame...a few finishing nails, a length of picture wire and voila...Magnet Memento Art.


2 comments:

Renee Camacho said...

What a great idea...I remember your collection of magnets at the old house...I'm glad you figured out a 'grand' way to showcase them. LOVE IT!

Tammy Batson said...

how clever is that?! very creative ... and a GREAT family souvenir.